Thank you, Debbie! My friend Debbie at http://www.swampbillyranch.com/ has awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award, and I am humbled. Check out her blog---it is unique and very interesting.
As part of this award, I understand I am supposed to list 7 things about myself that are not generally known. Hmmmm. OK, here goes:
1. I love all kinds of food, but am addicted to black olives. I can eat a whole can of them at a time. A problem once occurred one night when I arose from bed and, in the darkness, went to the fridge for a midnight snack. In my half lucid state I reached into the fridge for the leftover olives, which were still in the can. After eating about a dozen of them I thought I detected a funny taste. So, I turned on the light for a look at them. They were eaten up with a white fungus. I thought I might die from it but suffered no ill affects. It taught me a valuable lesson---always look at what you are eating. Ha.
2. I met Cindy, my wife, on-line as a pen pal. We corresponded for a couple of months before we decided to meet. From then on, we were inseparable. She's crazy about me!
3. I like guns. I am an expert shot (earned that designation in the army). I have a variety of rifles, shotguns and handguns. I think everyone should know how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
4. When I was 12 years old, I started doing yard work in my neighborhood to earn money. From that time until two years ago, I have done my own yard work. But I finally decided at the age of 64 that I didn't want to do any more yard work. I now hire it out and am lovin' it.
5. My maternal grandmother lived to be 100. Doctors said she would have lived longer if she had not been raped when she was 92 years old. Her back was broken during that incident.
6. I write poetry, generally styled in the form of the American poets of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. I think it is a wonderfully expressive art form and cannot understand why it is no longer popular.
7. Music is very important to me. My mom says I was singing when I emerged from the womb. And, I haven't stopped since. My favorite genres are folk, vintage country, gospel and light rock. I entertain myself---and sometimes others, with my guitar.
Thanks again, Debbie! Much love to all.