Here are five things that most people don't know about me:
1. At age 11, I won my school's spelling bee contest, and I appeared on television in the Harris County (Houston, Texas) spelldown for the national spelling bee contest. I got tripped up on an easy word: "Caesar". The fact is that I did know how to spell it, but nervousness caused me to spell it "Ceasar". Sigh.
2. My name at birth was Clinton Edwin Ellison, but my grandfather said that was too long a name for such a little kid. He nicknamed me "Tex". That name stuck for about 15 years, when I insisted on being called "Clint".
3. I qualifed "expert" as a marksman with the M1 rifle and the .45 pistol in the army. I have a love of firearms that continues to this day.
4. I love poetry. I especially love classic American and English verse. This love of poetry began when I was a young boy and my mother would read to me at bedtime. I have written a book of poems (unpublished).
5. In 1977 (?) I was a sales rep for the Cordis-Dow Corporation. This company made a revolutionary new product, the hollow fiber dialyzer (artificial kidney). I covered the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. I sold more product in those four states than the rest of the company sold worldwide---combined.
How about you, my friends? Can you share a few things about yourselves that most people do not know? Don't be shy!